Online Presentations, Seminars & Workshops
Create compelling online PowerPoint presentations for use in online news rooms, seminars, and workshops. Also links to top seminar and workshop resources, including distance learning supersites and fee-based online conferencing services.
- Yahoo! Groups
- An amazing resource! For FREE you can build a workshop infrastructure that includes a mailing list, chat, file storage, a web site, and an automated reminder service. And these features are easy to use and modify. Highly recommended.
- Thinkofit: Conferencing Software for the Web
- Excellent resource center for information on text-based (asynchronous) conferencing, including Discussion Forums, Groupware, and Bulletin Board Software.
- Catalyst: Create PowerPoint Presentations
- From the University of Washington comes this excellent set of templates, tools, and training for building effective PowerPoint presentations. Great tutorial on creating PowerPoint presentations and uploading them to the Web.
- Producers of RealSlideshow and RealPresenter software (for creating streaming PowerPoint presentations), and RealServer software, for delivering these programs through your own web site.
- Microsoft: Broadcasting with PowerPoint 2000
- You can broadcast presentations over the Internet using PowerPoint 2000 and Windows Media Services, both from Microsoft. Online instructions and support are poor, but the referenced link will take you directly to an article on the subject.
- Large online repository of copyright-free images, animations, graphics, and video for use in PowerPoint presentations. Currently in transition of ownership to fonts.com, which may affect access to purchasing.
- WebEx's Presentation Studio allows anyone to instantly create rich multimedia
presentations with easy-to-use authoring and narration tools. Now anyone can
create and deliver high-impact multimedia content for on-demand presentations
over the Web.
Microsoft Live Meeting
- Powered by PlaceWare, a former Web conferencing software vendor and show producer. Has a nice archive of presentations on their site and free, online instructional demos and seminars. Also has a section to publicize your online event.
- Producer of "Interactive Online Communications," including live and canned seminars and events.
- AIMS Multimedia
- High-volume producer of training modules used on the web.
- Speech Tips
- Free guide to writing and delivering public speeches.
We appreciate your suggestions. Please e-mail them to email@example.com. If possible, include the name and URL for new sites, and a brief description of why the site is valuable. Thank You!